A static equipment used in the upstream oil production facilities to minimize the slug from oil and gas pipeline. Slug Catcher manufactured by ERGIL provides a buffer volume to accommodate the intermittent high liquid flow in the form of a slug. Located between the outlet of the pipeline and processing equipment, the buffered liquids can be
drained to the processing equipment at a much slower rate to prevent overloading of the system. Slug catchers can be used continuously, connected permanently to the pipeline. All the production is sent to the gas and liquid handling facilities. It's this usage that helps to predict difficult sluggish behavior found in terrain slugging, hydrodynamic slugging or riser-based slugging. They have an important role in gas pipelines, as they contain significant amounts of liquid that can damage related equipment. They are designed to allow expansion of the gas stream, slowing the velocityand providing a settling area for the liquids.
· Protects downstream equipment & pipelines from damaging liquids
· Efficiently manages high liquid volumes generated from pigging
· Precision machined mist extractor boosts efficiency
· Optional crash level controller & secondary outlet to handle slug overload
· Reduce downtime & maintain production with proven pre-engineered design